Coverage chart not retaining history

Description

Description of the issue

Our company uses CircleCI to do a nightly build and sends the coverage report to Codecov using its orb. We only generate and send the report for the master and the develop branch.

The problem is that the coverage chart for either of those branches don’t seem to retain data from the previous days. What this means is that we don’t get the line coverage on the report and instead we only get a dot on the Y axis.

I can see that the coverage percentage is correct and it gets updated every night as expected but I get the impression that some how every night the previous coverage data gets deleted.

Thanks in advanced.

Repository

A link to the repository in question (or private)

Versions

Please include the browser and OS and what versions you’re running.

Additional Information

Any additional information, configuration or data that might be necessary to reproduce the issue.

Thanks @churris for reaching out. If a public repo, can you surface the URL of the repo in Codecov?

Also, a screenshot of the failing chart.

I think we were also able to reproduce this on our side and added a bug to Jira. Any additional data can help :slight_smile:

Hi @jerrod,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Our repository is not public so unfortunately I can’t provide any links that could work.

Last week it started to work fine, at some point I saw how it was maintaining the history for a few days but sadly it all seems to be gone now. At the moment the chart is just blank for the master branch

It is slightly different from what we get on our development branch as you can see in the following image.

We haven’t made any changes recently, still building the coverage report for the develop and master branch on a nightly basis and uploading it to codecov.

Here is the output in the CircleCI console. Please note that I’ve removed some of the links as I can’t include more than 2 links on the reply.
==> Circle CI detected.
project root: .
Yaml found at: .codecov.yml
sed: can’t read ./.codecov.yml: No such file or directory
→ Found 1 reports
==> Detecting git/mercurial file structure
==> Reading reports
+ /var/www/junit/clover.xml bytes=6516594
==> Appending adjustments
Fixing Reports
+ Found adjustments
==> Gzipping contents
==> Uploading reports
url: https://codecov.io
query: branch=master&commit=a8f8ce88c8444972e2f9e34a9f8314352ceb552e&build=19004&build_url=&name=19004&tag=&slug=Envision-Systems%2FSupportAbility&service=circleci&flags=&pr=&job=0
→ Pinging Codecov
[Link_Hidden]
→ Uploading
→ View reports at [Link_Hidden]

Hey @churris --> just letting you know that this remains in our bug squashing to do list, sorry it hasn’t been fixed yet! More to come, thanks for your patience.