Unable to add more than 1 private repo on free plan

Description

Codecov’s pricing page states that the free plan is available for unlimited private repositories, but I can’t add more than one private repository.
Whenever I try to activate a second private repository, I get a message saying that I’m out of repo credits.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that I’m using a team account? Is it free for unlimited private repositories only with user accounts instead of team accounts?

Noone else having this issue? Feels like I’m the only one who doesn’t know what I’m doing wrong…

Hi @reinaldo-gomes, can you please supply the orgs and repos and your code provider (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab) username?

@tom
organization: mutant-devops
repositories: real-webcrawlers, automailing, and a few more to come…
GitHub username: reinaldo-gomes

Hello, @tom !
Is this info enough? Do you need anything else in order to help me understand what is going wrong?

Hi @reinaldo-gomes, would you or an admin be able to sign on and see if they can access the account page now?

Hi @tom, yes I can access the account page. What am I supposed to do there?

It still says I’m out of repo credits whenever I try to activate a second repo, though

@tom Could you please point me in the right direction?

Hi @reinaldo-gomes, I’m struggling here a little bit. I just want to confirm that you are an admin for this organization?

@tom thanks for your effort.
I am the organization’s admin and owner. I created it on GitHub.

Edit:

I’m not sure if it’s because I completely removed and reinstalled CodeCov on GitHub, or if it’s something that you guys did, but now it’s working!
I can add more repos and the users/seats screen show correct numbers.

Hi @reinaldo-gomes, we found the root cause and made a fix. You should be able to add your private repos now.

Hi, I’m having the exact same issue. My GitHub organization is lunofono. If anyone is nice enough to fix it for me I will be eternally thankful!

Apparently I was under some legacy per-repo plan:

I switched to the new plan and now I can enable more repos. It would be good if you tell the users why they can’t add more private repos and lead them to the page to change pricing plans.

Thanks!

Hey @llucax, sorry about that. Glad you got it working. I agree the messaging leaves something to be desired here. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like