Introduce yourselves!

We love our community and want to learn as much as we can about you. Give us a quick introduction about yourself with some ideas below:

• Current role
  • Favorite open source repositories
  • Why you love Codecov
  • Any other fun facts!
5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Tom from Codecov where I am the developer relations lead. I’m based out of New York, and aside from Codecov, my favorite developer tools are vim and wakatime. As a python developer at heart, I’m in love with ipdb and profilehooks. I love that Codecov works deep in the developer workflow making it easier to handle code coverage. I am an avid rock climber, and I was a professional bartender.

Aside from being the best code coverage tool, Codecov has some of the most inspiring developers in its community, and I’m honored and humbled to be a part of it

4 Likes

Hi all. I’m Ed, a Lead Frontend Engineer based in Melbourne, Australia. Long time supporter of Codecov and help out with the codecov-node package. My favourite tools at the moment are VS Code and Cypress.

Codecov really gives me the piece of mind that my code is covered and I can see where I still need tests. I like to make it a game to see how high I can get the test coverage :smile:

3 Likes

I’m Joe. I love to torture nodejs into doing things probably better suited for other languages, dabble in other languages, and am a big fan of CI and code coverage. I generally try to get the numbers as high as possible too, even if it means my programs dont actually do anything. :innocent:

When not programming or working (hah!) I like hanging out in the woods or near the water. My friends have not yet convinced me I’m not Groot.

3 Likes

Hi @tom, I’m in my second career as a software engineer. I’m a bit strange from what I understand in that I actually like writing unit tests. Given that oddity, I’ve enjoyed using codecov so far! It has been surprisingly easy to use and very informative! I’m currently coding in Python professionally, but I like Java and use it in most of my personal projects. I also enjoy automating builds and tests by playing around in CI/CD.

I enjoy reading and mountain biking in my free time - just not at the same time :P.

1 Like

Hello Codecov community! I’m Robert and I just recently moved to Philadelphia. I’m a full stack developer by day and data scientist by night, and my preferred programming language is javascript. I’m just getting started with Codecov and I’m excited to play around with it this weekend. I’ve done a lot of work with CircleCI and TravisCI. And of course, being a javascript developer spend a little time every day with Jest. Outside of programming, I like to travel - I’ve been to every continent and the country I want to visit most is Mali. Looking forward to being part of the community!

1 Like

Kevin Alwell here, Enterprise Solutions Engineer for GitHub based in NJ.

My favorite DevTools are GitHub (of course), VSC, SonicPI, CodeCov, AFrame, Angular, Node, and anything JS.

CodeCov holds me accountable, so my code quality doesn’t slip as I continue to develop new features. I like the coverage report and integration into my PR workflow.

1 Like

Hello,
I’m Wisdom a Mobile developer I work for Savics, A software engineer with considerable experience in mobile development, native Android, and IOS development(Xcode), flutter dev, Jetpack Compose, Kotlin multiplatform, technical writing, community building/management, Firebase developer, Mongo Realm DB.
• Developed apps from the ground up and published them successfully on Google Play
• Built open-source library and a fan of open source
• Experience modern architecture, and development practices
• Write clean and maintainable codes
• Share knowledge by writing technical blogs.
• a technical writer(GSOD 2020 participant).

Hello Wisdom! I’m Jerrod, the CEO, welcome to our community :slight_smile:

Hey @all!

I’m Gustavo Souza and I work as QA for a company who is based in USA!

Starting to read and use the codecov in our repo!

1 Like
  • Current role: Go developer
  • Favorite developer tools: Podman, Typescript, Language Server, Firefox
  • Favorite open source repositories:
  • Why you love Codecov: shows what tests I need to develop further
  • Any other fun facts: Most of my free time I spend with my cats
1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Robert hailing from Rome, Italy. I am a medical doctor but currently trying to develop python code for AI in medicine. New to continuous testing and integration and despite frequently getting stuck I’m fascinated by the whole thing.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m an application developer based in Tokyo, Japan. I’m currently working on a service that deals with manga, which is quite an exciting venture!

My favorite developer tools include Codecov, Chat GPT, VS Code, PyCharm, GoLand, and Notion. I find these tools incredibly useful in my day-to-day work, and they significantly enhance my productivity.

As for my favorite open-source repositories, I’m a big fan of codecov-action, flutter, DRF, riverpod, delve, vuejs, and nuxt. I believe that open-source projects are the backbone of the tech industry, and I’m always amazed by the innovation and collaboration they foster.

I love using Codecov because it provides an intuitive way to visualize code coverage, making it easier to maintain high-quality code. It’s a tool that seamlessly integrates with my workflow and helps me ensure that my code is robust and reliable.

A fun fact about me is that I’m a huge manga fan, which makes my current project even more enjoyable. It’s not every day that one gets to combine their passion and profession!

Looking forward to engaging with this community and learning from all of you :laughing: