Codecov commit statuses shows "Codecov Report" instead of actual coverage

Hi Codecov community!

Is there any way to display the commit status coverage numbers, per project, without the need to click on “details”?

I use a simple monorepo with custom projects and path filtering. When I get the commit status reports, all projects only report “Codecov Report” instead of something like “78.87%” or “45.3% (- 12.2%)”. It does show the coverage numbers when I click “Details” for a single package so it does work.

(A screenshot was supposed to go here, but I’m limited to only one. See this PR instead :smile: Test/codecov paths by byCedric · Pull Request #423 · byCedric/use-expo · GitHub)

For me, this is a bit hard to work with. I would expect the coverage status to be displayed inline, like the screenshot from the docs. But with the current behavior, I have to click details on all packages to “manually validate” if the coverage makes sense or if we should add more tests.

For context, I set up it my repo here. It’s a pretty simple monorepo:

• Jest creates a single coverage report on all tests (for performance reasons)
  • Using codecov/codecov-action@v1, I send the report only once per commit (Node 14)
  • Display different commit status coverage, per package, using path filtering (not flags)

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Cedric

2 Likes

Hi @byCedric, thanks for the feedback here, I’ve looped in the product team to see what we can do.

2 Likes

I would expect the coverage status to be displayed inline, like the screenshot from the docs

The “Details” links also don’t link to the actual report / PR check and instead link to “https://codecov.io”.

The “Details” links also don’t link to the actual report / PR check and instead link to “https://codecov.io”.

@bastimeyer, I believe that is a restriction on GitHub itself and not something we are able to handle

Hi @bastimeyer, we have made some changes here, are you able to see if it works for you now?

Hi @tom, sorry for the delay! It works perfectly now, thanks a lot for fixing this (from this PR)

And from my originally mentioned PR:

Also, thanks from the Expo team :heart:

1 Like

Awesome! So glad that we got this fixed for you @byCedric!