Buildkite token-less upload

I was wondering if it would be possible to get token-less coverage upload for Buildkite. The Codecov documentation mentions tokens are currently required both for private and public pipelines, and indeed that does seem the case when trying the bash uploader on a public pipeline of mine: CUDA.jl #55. It would be especially useful because Buildkite doesn’t have a convenient way to provide secrets like Github Actions or Gitlab does.

I read in Whitelist GitHub Action Servers to upload without a token that this would require an API, and Buildkite has one: REST API Overview | Buildkite Documentation. I don’t know what’s exactly required of the API, of course.

Thanks @maleadt, we’ll take a look into this, but it will be unlikely to get be done until at least next month or later.

1 Like

Hi @tom, has there been any update on this? We use Buildkite pretty extensively in the Julia open-source project, and it would be really useful to have tokenless uploads.

@DilumAluthge thanks for pinging back on this, I’ll push on the product team for this one.